Eight Pointers Regarding Creating an Effective Website
- Keep the Website simple and make sure it serves its purpose.
- Communication. Make sure there is effective communication to the user.
- I would recommend using Sans Serif Fonts such are Verdana and Arial which are much easier to read online. Use a maximum of three sizes.
- Make sure you use complimentary colours that go easy on the eye.
- Images - ensure your images are the minimum size for the quality required so that they are downloaded in the minimum time required.
- Navigation. Remember the old "Three Clicks Rule" - a user should "get what they want" in three clicks or less.
- Load Time - keep this to a minimum. This, of course, works along with 5. above but remember if the user doesn't download your site quickly they will get bored and move to a competitor.
- Last but very important. Make sure your website is RESPONSIVE. In other words it works just as well with desktops as tablets and mobile phones.